Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oilsketches out of the studio







Ok, for this post I post all the sketches I've done over the month working in my studio in Hammerbrook/Hamburg (If anyone interested HEHE!)
Mainly I did them to have a color reference for the "realy" or lets say bigger/proper paintings.
For years I haven't done any color reference paintings at all and neither misst them but nowadays I just started to make them.
But, as u may guess, once I've done some, I leave out the propper paintings :)..so whats wrong with me and my painting habit?

Anyhow, this pices are the left over of some musing for the past half a year..

I need to get away..I need holidays..fly away far away...:)

2 comments:

Ambera said...

These are simple and incredibly beautiful. The top of course is my favorite, I can never resist a good cloud. The colours in each are wonderful, you should post more paintings more often!

Donald Wienand said...

thx ambera,
you are my beauty queen..I mean picture wise :)